Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Department of Tropical Research (DTR), founded by William Beebe, carried out intensive ecological investigations in terrestrial and oceanographic settings. This collection spans the extent of DTR history and activities and contains a wide range of materials, including correspondence, expedition reports, guest books, specimen catalogues, and catalogues of motion pictures and illustration. DTR staff represented within the records include Beebe, Jocelyn Crane, Gloria Hollister, and John...
New York Zoological Society. Department of Tropical Research. Oceanographic expeditions. Bermuda records
Overview This collection consists of data, manuscript notes, and lists documenting the marine science activities of the Department of Tropical Research staff at Bermuda from 1929 through 1939. Included are trawling records, fish outlines, bird censuses. This collection also includes logbooks of notes dictated to Gloria Hollister by William Beebe via telephone from the bathysphere dives of 1930, 1931, and 1932; correspondence concerning the bathysphere, 1929-1930, from John H. J. Butler's office at the...
New York Zoological Society. Department of Tropical Research. Research Associate. Gloria Hollister Anable papers
Overview Gloria Hollister Anable, nee Gloria Hollister, was a naturalist and ichthyologist who, from 1928-1941, was employed as a Research Associate under Dr. William Beebe in the New York Zoological Society’s Department of Tropical Research. As a Research Assistant, she specialized in preparing ichthyological specimens, and she developed a new technique for preparing fish specimens in which the skin and internal organs of the fish were made transparent, rendering their skeletons far more useful for...
- Names: Anable, Gloria Hollister X
- Bathysphere 2
- Scientific expeditions -- Bermuda Islands 2
- Birds -- Bermuda Islands 1
- Fishes -- Bermuda Islands 1
- Ichthyologists 1
- Invertebrates -- Catalogs and collections 1
- Invertebrates -- Identification 1
- Marine animals -- Bermuda Islands 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Guyana 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Trinidad and Tobago 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Tropics 1
- Submersibles 1
- Tropics -- Research 1
- Vertebrates -- Catalogs and collections 1
- Vertebrates -- Identification 1
- Zoological specimens -- Collection and preservation 1 ∧ less