Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview This collection contains incoming and outgoing correspondence from William T. Hornaday's tenure as founding President of the American Bison Society (ABS), scrapbooks and photograph albums regarding the ABS compiled by Hornaday, and two scrapbooks on bison and antelope censuses compiled by M. Hall McAllister. Also included are subject files, clippings, reference matter, and subscription lists for the Montana National Bison Herd, established in 1909, largely through Hornaday’s efforts.
Overview The collection holds of the records of the international programs of the New York Zoological Society (NYZS), with records relating to NYZS sponsorship of field research and wildlife conservation projects carried out from the 1970s to the early 1990s. These grants funded ecological studies of animals and regions, as well as projects promoting wildlife conservation education, conservation legislation, and the creation of protected areas. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence...
Overview The collection contains the records of William G. Conway, General Director and President of the New York Zoological Society (which became the Wildlife Conservation Society) and Ornithology Curator and Director of the Society’s Bronx Zoo. During his 43 years at the Society, Conway oversaw the growth of the organization’s international conservation programs, a wave of development at the Bronx Zoo and the New York Aquarium, the acquisition of the Wildlife Survival Center on Saint Catherines...
Overview Derived from the personal activities of William T. Hornaday (1854-1937), rather than his official duties as Director and General Curator of the New York Zoological Park, this collection of correspondence, manuscripts, scrapbooks, and printed matter deals primarily with Hornaday's pioneering wildlife conservation work between 1888 and 1937.
- Subject: Wildlife conservation -- Law and legislation X
- Hornaday, William T., (William Temple), 1854-1937 2
- Wildlife Conservation International (New York Zoological Society). 2
- American Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums. 1
- American Bison Society 1
- Carr, Archie Fairly, 1945- 1
- Clark, Susan G., 1942- 1
- Conway, William, 1929- 1
- Institute for Research in Animal Behavior 1
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources 1
- King, F. Wayne (Frederic Wayne), 1936- 1
- Lewis, D. M., (Dale M.) 1
- McAllister, M. Hall 1
- Mittermeier, Russell A. 1
- New York Aquarium 1
- New York Zoological Park 1
- New York Zoological Society. Animal Research and Conservation Center. 1
- New York Zoological Society. City Zoos Project. 1
- New York Zoological Society. Conservation Department. 1
- New York Zoological Society. International Conservation Division. 1
- Peyton, Bernard 1
- Struhsaker, Thomas T. 1
- Western, David 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). International Program. 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). Wildlife Survival Center (Saint Catherines Island, Ga.) 1 ∧ less