Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Harold Cornelius Palmer (1918-1998) joined the staff of the New York Zoological Society (NYZS) in 1961. Palmer served as director of the Development Fund Campaign and as assistant to the Society President Fairfield Osborn. From 1964 until his retirement in 1980, Palmer held the office of Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence and subject files dealing with NYZS administrative matters, 1902-1983 (Bulk 1937-1976), the New York Aquarium...
Overview This collection contains the records of Fairfield Osborn, who served as President of the New York Zoological Society from 1940 to 1968. Considered one of the foremost conservationists of his era, Osborn was a driving force behind the expansion of the Society’s international wildlife conservation efforts, and he founded the Conservation Foundation as an offshoot of the Society to promote environmental education and research. During his presidency, Osborn also oversaw the development of several...
Overview The collection contains the records of William G. Conway, General Director and President of the New York Zoological Society (which became the Wildlife Conservation Society) and Ornithology Curator and Director of the Society’s Bronx Zoo. During his 43 years at the Society, Conway oversaw the growth of the organization’s international conservation programs, a wave of development at the Bronx Zoo and the New York Aquarium, the acquisition of the Wildlife Survival Center on Saint Catherines...
- Subject: Wildlife conservation -- Africa X
- Conservation Foundation 2
- Institute for Research in Animal Behavior 2
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources 2
- New York Zoological Park 2
- New York Zoological Society. Osborn Laboratories of Marine Sciences 2
- Osborn, Fairfield, 1887-1969 2
- American Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums. 1
- Conway, William, 1929- 1
- New York World's Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Zoological Society. City Zoos Project. 1
- New York Zoological Society. Conservation Committee 1
- New York Zoological Society. Department of Tropical Research 1
- Wildlife Conservation International (New York Zoological Society). 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). International Program. 1
- Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.). Wildlife Survival Center (Saint Catherines Island, Ga.) 1 ∧ less