Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection consists of materials from Ross F. Nigrelli, Director of the New York Aquarium and the Osborn Laboratories of Marine Sciences. It includes correspondence, subject files, manuscripts, reprints, and theses from Nigrelli's students.
Overview Harold Cornelius Palmer (1918-1998) joined the staff of the New York Zoological Society (NYZS) in 1961. Palmer served as director of the Development Fund Campaign and as assistant to the Society President Fairfield Osborn. From 1964 until his retirement in 1980, Palmer held the office of Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence and subject files dealing with NYZS administrative matters, 1902-1983 (Bulk 1937-1976), the New York Aquarium...
Overview The collection holds records from the New York Aquarium and the Osborn Laboratories of Marine Sciences. The New York Aquarium, founded in 1896 and operated by the New York Zoological Society since 1902, was moved from its original Manhattan location in 1941. After an interlude at the Bronx Zoo, a new Aquarium opened in 1957 in Coney Island, Brooklyn. The Aquarium’s research laboratories, which had also been moved offsite, reunited with the public Aquarium a decade later, in 1967. The Aquarium...
- Subject: Marine ecology X