Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract In the mid-to-late 20th century, audio-visual service functions at the New York Zoological Society (NYZS) were not centralized, but were instead performed by a variety of different departments, divisions, and individual staff members. NYZS's Department of Education played a significant role in the delivery of audio-visual services in the Society from the 1940s through the 1980s. By the 1940s the Department of Education's provision of audio-visual services included a visual aids service...
New York Zoological Society. Department Of Education. National Collection Of Heads And Horns records.
Overview The National Collection of Heads and Horns was established by Bronx Zoo Director William T. Hornaday and New York Zoological Society (NYZS) Secretary Madison Grant in 1906. The Heads and Horns Museum building was opened in 1922. By the early 1970s, the collection was closed and the building was being used for other purposes. The collection primarily contains correspondence and inventories documenting the attempts of the Society to transfer specimens from the National Collection of Heads and...
Overview In the 1960s and 1970s, the New York Zoological Society’s Education Department developed several significant educational programs and increased its outreach to public schools. During this period of time, Herbert J. Knobloch, Richard L. Lattis, James W. Waddick, and Annette Berkovits served as Curators and Assistant Curators of the department.The collection consists of materials created by the Education Department from 1967 to 1980, including correspondence and educational activities...
- Names: New York Zoological Society. Education Department X