Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
New York Zoological Society. Department Of Education. National Collection Of Heads And Horns records.
Overview The National Collection of Heads and Horns was established by Bronx Zoo Director William T. Hornaday and New York Zoological Society (NYZS) Secretary Madison Grant in 1906. The Heads and Horns Museum building was opened in 1922. By the early 1970s, the collection was closed and the building was being used for other purposes. The collection primarily contains correspondence and inventories documenting the attempts of the Society to transfer specimens from the National Collection of Heads and...
Abstract The New York Zoological Society's (NYZS) communications, marketing, publications, government affairs, community affairs, photography and media production, and other public relations functions historically have been divided among several different departments and units. In the late 20th century, these function were eventually united in the Society's Public Affairs Division, but prior to that they were performed by numerous predecessor units, including, among others, the Department of...
Overview The collection contains the records of William G. Conway, General Director and President of the New York Zoological Society (which became the Wildlife Conservation Society) and Ornithology Curator and Director of the Society’s Bronx Zoo. During his 43 years at the Society, Conway oversaw the growth of the organization’s international conservation programs, a wave of development at the Bronx Zoo and the New York Aquarium, the acquisition of the Wildlife Survival Center on Saint Catherines...