Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
New York Zoological Society. Department Of Education. National Collection Of Heads And Horns records.
Overview The National Collection of Heads and Horns was established by Bronx Zoo Director William T. Hornaday and New York Zoological Society (NYZS) Secretary Madison Grant in 1906. The Heads and Horns Museum building was opened in 1922. By the early 1970s, the collection was closed and the building was being used for other purposes. The collection primarily contains correspondence and inventories documenting the attempts of the Society to transfer specimens from the National Collection of Heads and...
Abstract The New York Zoological Society's (NYZS) communications, marketing, publications, government affairs, community affairs, photography and media production, and other public relations functions historically have been divided among several different departments and units. In the late 20th century, these function were eventually united in the Society's Public Affairs Division, but prior to that they were performed by numerous predecessor units, including, among others, the Department of...
Overview The collection holds the administrative records of Joseph Anthony Davis, Jr. while he held the position of Scientific Assistant to the General Director. Davis started at the Bronx Zoo in the Mammalogy Department as an Assistant Curator in 1958 and eventually became Curator in 1962. In 1966 Davis moved to a position created for him in the General Director’s Office, Scientific Assistant to the Director (William Conway).
Overview The collection contains the records of William G. Conway, General Director and President of the New York Zoological Society (which became the Wildlife Conservation Society) and Ornithology Curator and Director of the Society’s Bronx Zoo. During his 43 years at the Society, Conway oversaw the growth of the organization’s international conservation programs, a wave of development at the Bronx Zoo and the New York Aquarium, the acquisition of the Wildlife Survival Center on Saint Catherines...
- Names: Conway, William, 1929- X
- Endangered species 3
- Wildlife conservation 3
- Endangered species -- Law and legislation -- United States 2
- Wildlife conservation -- Law and legislation 2
- Wildlife management 2
- Zoo animals 2
- Zoo exhibits 2
- Zoos -- Administration 2
- Ecology -- Societies, etc. 1
- Endangered species -- Breeding 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- New York Zoological Park -- History 1
- New York Zoological Society -- History 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Africa 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Argentina 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Asia 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Economic aspects 1
- Wildlife conservation -- South America 1
- Wildlife conservationists 1
- Wildlife research 1
- Zoo directors 1
- Zoological specimens -- Collection and preservation 1
- Zoos -- Administration -- Economic aspects 1
- Zoos -- Design and construction 1
- Zoos -- Public relations 1
- Zoos -- Publicity 1 ∧ less