Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection holds records from Myron Gordon, Geneticist at the New York Aquarium’s Fish Genetics Laboratory. Gordon, who also held a staff appointment at the American Museum of Natural History, was known for his research on the genetic aspects of and mechanisms for speciation, sex determination, and tumor development in platyfish and swordtails, the fishes that comprise the Xiphophorus genus. The collection includes correspondence, subject files, and records...
Abstract The collection holds records from Charles M. Breder and Christopher W. Coates, who were, respectively, the last Director of the New York Aquarium in its original building in Battery Park on Manhattan (where it was located from 1896 to 1941) and the first Director of the New York Aquarium in its current facility on Coney Island in Brooklyn (where it has been located from 1957 until the present). Breder's records pertain primarily to the work of Myron Gordon at the Aquarium's Fish Genetics...
New York Zoological Society. Department of Tropical Research. Research Associate. Gloria Hollister Anable papers
Overview Gloria Hollister Anable, nee Gloria Hollister, was a naturalist and ichthyologist who, from 1928-1941, was employed as a Research Associate under Dr. William Beebe in the New York Zoological Society’s Department of Tropical Research. As a Research Assistant, she specialized in preparing ichthyological specimens, and she developed a new technique for preparing fish specimens in which the skin and internal organs of the fish were made transparent, rendering their skeletons far more useful for...
- Subject: Ichthyologists X
- Gordon, Myron, 1899-1959 2
- New York Aquarium. Fish Genetics Laboratory 2
- New York Zoological Society 2
- Anable, Gloria Hollister 1
- Beebe, William, 1877-1962 1
- Breder, Charles M. (Charles Marcus), 1897-1983 1
- Coates, Christopher W. (Christopher William) 1
- Hubbs, Carl L., (Carl Leavitt), 1894-1979 1
- Kallman, Klaus D. 1
- New York Aquarium 1
- New York Zoological Park 1
- New York Zoological Society. Department of Tropical Research 1
- Rosen, Donn Eric, 1929-1986 1 ∧ less